DIY make at home play dough is nothing new. I know. I’m not here to reinvent the wheel (although I will share the recipe to make it) I am here to share a wonderful tip with you.
This tip has helped me many times during difficult bedtimes and temper tantrums.
Calming Lavender Infused DIY Play Dough Recipe
My kids have this weird obsession with Play-Doh type products. They got a super mega case for Christmas and it is already gone. Long story short, we go through a lot of it.
You know how it goes, play dough gets left out, it dries up, and it hurts when you step on it.
This is why I switched to making my own play dough. It’s super easy, especially with this no-boil recipe.
My trick though is adding Young Living’s Lavender Essential Oil to the water before making it.
The results? Calm, peaceful children who aren’t fighting with each other.
We all know that is a blessing, am I right? So on to the recipe:
[pwal id=”126249667″ description=”Give me a like and the recipe will unlock for free!”]
- 1 cup water
- Young Living Lavender Essential Oil
- 4 cups flower
- 2 + tablespoons oil
- 1 1/2 cups salt
- food coloring
- Pour water into a large mixing bowl, add 10-15 drops of lavender essential oil.
- Add your food coloring, be liberal!
- Add flour and salt, in little bits at a time, until blended.
- Add 2-4 tablespoons of oil and as much glitter as you want, mix thoroughly using a kneading motion. If your play dough is still dry, continue adding oil until it has a nice consistency.
When my kids aren’t fighting, mama is happy.
Some tips for making the lavender infused DIY play dough:
- Don’t tell the kids you are making it. HA! No, seriously.
- Use chunky glitter!
- Don’t forget the salt! It is what makes this a bake/cook-free recipe.
- Feel free to change the amount of lavender essential oil you use, it is all up to your sense and how your children receive it.
Whip out the cookie cutters and let your kids go wild!
Why is Lavender Essential Oil So Great?
What a lifesaver lavender essential oil is for my family. Our kids get a bath every night. 9 times out of 10 that bath will make the kids sleepy enough to go to bed.
That one time. The time when they are bouncing off the walls. That is when I use Lavender infused play dough.
The calming and relaxing benefits lavender essential oil brings is enough alone, but it is also great for skin, so the little hands playing with it are being pampered as well.
After the kids are in bed, I can finally relax.
That, my friends, is what I wanted to share with you today.
One of my elaborate plans to get my kids to go to bed.