This shop is part of a social shopper marketing insight campaign with Weave Made Media® and Barilla®, but all my opinions are my own. #weavemade #BarillaFiesta http://my-disclosur.es/RgFrEH
When you think of pasta, the first thing that comes to mind is Italian, right?
It doesn’t have to be purely Italian.
My favorite kind of pastas are inspired by the spices, seasonings, tastes, and love behind Hispanic food.
I knew I was going to make a Taco Pasta with Barilla®, and originally purchased Rigatoni. Afterwards I changed my mind, went back to Walmart, and bought some Farfalle instead.
Something about the little bow-ties are much more enjoyable to me.
Barilla® In-Store Demos
Staring November 6th and running through November 9th there will be in-store Barilla product demos at select Walmart stores.
These in-store demos will feature recipes for Barilla® Elbows and Wavy Lasagna.
If your local Walmart is hosting one of these demos, I encourage you to go. I would love to see these recipes in action!
Taco Pasta Recipe
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 box of Barilla Farfalle
- 1tsp Onion Powder
- 1tsp Cumin
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 can tomato paste
- 1 packet of your favorite taco seasoning
- 3 oz cream cheese
- ½ cup sour cream
- salt and pepper
- Bring a large pot of water to boil, cooking your Barilla pasta according to the box instructions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook the ground beef until no longer pink. Add onion powder, cumin, and garlic, stir until mixed through. Add tomato paste and taco seasoning, simmer for 3-5 minutes.
- Stir in cream cheese and sour cream, until mixed through, then add cooked pasta. Coat pasta thoroughly, and enjoy.
This recipe is delicious and tastes just like a taco, with the perfect al dente bite of pasta mixed in.
There are many great toppings you can use as well, mine were shredded cheese and black olives.
My husband enjoyed parmesan and my daughter ate an olive with every bite.
It made me proud.