I adore the Weight Watchers program, and I’ve been dying to make a dessert for a while now (my sweets cravings are normally what ruin my diet.) I decided to make the Weight Watchers Friendly Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Icing. An old classic.
Weight Watchers Friendly Carrot Cake
I put my carrots in my ninja until finely chopped, the ninja didn’t get it as small as I’d like so you might actually want to grate yours.
Wet Ingredients mixed with the dry, remember to mix wet ingredients well beforehand!
Put into round pan:
Bake for 30-35 minutes at 350° until toothpick comes out clean. Let cool in-pan for 10 minutes. Flip Out and cool completely..
Whip together cream cheese, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract.
Ice cake and serve, but most of all: enjoy this 7 points+ dessert!
Although mine came out with chunkier carrots than I’d have liked, it was still really good. Zoey loved it..she couldn’t wait to get her piece.
|Weight Watchers Friendly Carrot Cake & Cream Cheese Icing|
- 3/4 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup(s) whole-grain wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 Tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp table salt
- 1 large egg(s)
- 2 large egg white(s)
- 3/4 cup(s) honey
- 1/4 cup(s) vegetable oil
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 3 cup(s) uncooked carrot(s), grated
- 3 oz low fat cream cheese, softened
- 3 Tbsp powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Heat oven to 350ºF (175ºC). Lightly coat the bottom of an 8-inch (20 cm) round cake pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, combine flours, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. In a large bowl with an electric mixer, beat eggs, honey, oil and lemon juice until blended. Stir flour mixture and carrots into egg mixture just until well blended.
- Spread batter into a prepared pan and bake until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 30 to 35 minutes. Cool in pan 10 minutes. Turn out of pan and cool completely.
- Meanwhile, for frosting, beat together cream cheese, powdered sugar and vanilla in a small bowl. Spread a thin layer over cooled cake and serve.
If you like a lot of frosting, double the frosting recipe.
<a href=”http://www.weightwatchers.com/food/rcp/RecipePage.aspx?recipeId=50410″ target=”blank” data-mce-href=”http://www.weightwatchers.com/food/rcp/RecipePage.aspx?recipeId=50410″>From Weight Watchers</a>