This is a sponsored post brought to you by Mondelez in participation with MODE. All opinions are my own.
Back to school is my favorite time of year. It may be one of the most stressful—with the lists of required items and clothing that is too small and way too many other preparations to be made.
With the chaos comes a silver lining: The kids are about to go back to school for nine sweet months. Coffee in the morning will be peaceful and the fighting will be seldom. I’ll gladly put in the hard work now to make sure the school year is off to a great start.
One of the things I associate with the upcoming school year is snacks. Not only do my kids have a snack together after school, all of the parents are on a snack rotation. Brain food for our kids is important during the day!
My number one go-to brand for my snacks is Honey Maid because they are excellent all by themselves and allow me to create all kinds of delectable snacks when inspiration hits.
This is Wholesome
Besides the spark of creativity that often happens when Honey Maid products are in my pantry, they also have some amazing goals outside the delicious taste of their food.
Honey Maid’s This is Wholesome campaign wants to help us get back to our roots and remember what it is that matters most…the things that are constant and static: our family.
To go a little deeper, the bonds that hold our families together. What I find so intriguing about this concept is that these bonds are completely different for each family. The events, experiences, milestones, and memories that make each family wholesome are truly unique and all shine a bit differently.
I challenge you: think about the pieces of your life that make your family wholesome. Reminisce about it with someone close to you, give them a hug.
When you’re done, let’s get back to preparing for the 2015-2016 school year and make some new memories for our families to cherish forever.
Let’s start with something tasty for the school kids.
PB&CC Honey Maid Graham Crackers with Banana
Because I felt this would have been way too long of a title: Peanut Butter and Cream Cheese Honey Maid Graham Crackers, Honey Flavored, with Banana Slices.
Let’s start with what you’ll need:
- 1/4 c. heavy whipping cream
- 2oz. whipped cream cheese
- 1 Tablespoon smooth peanut butter
- Honey Maid Graham Crackers, Honey Flavored
- 1 small banana, sliced
- Combine heavy whipping cream, cream cheese, and peanut butter in mixer and whip until well thoroughly mixed and fluffy.
- Break your Honey Maid Graham Crackers in half so you have squares (easier for sharing!)
- Spread your PB&CC Whip on your squares and top with sliced banana…the more the better!
The whip can be refrigerated in an airtight container to use for a few days. My kids love this and I appreciate the fact that it is easy to share with lots of kids at once.
Honey Maid Birthday Cake Teddy Grahams Yogurt Buddies
If you’re like me and have a little one who stays home and misses their siblings all day, then you’ll love this snack. Perfect for the preschool and under crowd!
- Your favorite yogurt
- frosting bag, tip
- 1/2-1 c. Honey Maid Teddy Grahams, birthday cake flavor
- Sprinkles, in small bowl for dipping
- Cookie sheet lined with foil.
- Fill frosting back with yogurt, test to make sure your tip size will easily cover the back of a Honey Maid Teddy Grahams bear.
- Completely cover the back of a bear with yogurt, and place another bear to form a sandwich.
- Dip sides of sandwich in sprinkles until uncovered yogurt is hidden.
- Place on cookie sheet, freeze for 2-3 hours, store in a freezer zip bag.
Emma chows down on these every single time I make them, which in turn makes Zoey upset because there were none left. I’m so thankful these are so easy to make.
With both of these try swapping out the different Honey Maid flavors, especially when you’re craving something new. It’s worth it!
Tell me, how will you use Back-to-School as a way to make new family memories?